Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Still Growing

The garden continues to grow. Since the last picture I've put in three types of tomatoes, basil, more beans, thyme, and summer squash. The flowers I planted aren't doing too well thanks to some negligence on my part - we had a dry, hot spell and I forgot to water for a few days. The green leaf lettuce bolted a week ago and the romaine is almost done too since it's been so warm. We'll miss having fresh lettuce from the garden - back to buying it in bags. My next project is to construct a trellis for the tomatoes and squash. I can't wait for that harvest! I'm also planning on putting some mint plants in the planters where the strawberries were supposed to be since I've been unsuccessful at getting two different batches of them to grow. Here are some more pics.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give it to me straight!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP