Thursday, January 19, 2006

SLEEP

It's been a crazy few weeks since Christmas. Sawyer is teething, so our wonderfully predictable routine of naptimes is totally shot because he has trouble staying asleep. He's also learning to crawl, so he doesn't want to go to sleep in the first place because he's so busy trying to figure out how to get around and rip our house to shreds. It's like we have a newborn again and we are both exhausted.

It's amazing how sleep becomes the most important thing in your life when you're not getting any. (It's similar in that way to sex; no one thinks more about sex than someone who can't have it.) All day long I think about when I'll get to lie down for a nap. I fantasize about it. And when the magic moment comes when I see Sawyer's eyes finally go out of focus and close I have to restrain myself from screaming "Hallelujah!"

Since I've been up so much in the night I've been able to listen to Eric talk in his sleep, which is always fun (although not as fun as sleeping.) The other night I believe he topped the cowboy comment. He looked at me and said "Point that thing somewhere else!" I asked him "What thing?" and he smiled and said "Your ding-a-ling-a-ling!" and giggled hysterically. I pointed out to him that I don't have a "ding-a-ling-a-ling" as such, and he said "In this picture you do" and kept laughing. I don't even want to know where that came from!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give it to me straight!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP