Monday, February 13, 2006

Changes

So a lot's happened in the past several weeks. I had a birthday and turned 28. Sara and Michelle came over to celebrate with us by having a BBC The Office marathon. We ordered takeout from Maggiano's, ate yummy Lindt chocolates provided by Michelle, decadent chocolate birthday cake which Eric made from scratch, and did pedicures while we lounged on the sofa and laughed ourselves silly at the antics of David Brent. Eric took care of Sawyer and didn't let me lift a finger all day. He gave me a docking station with speakers for my video iPod and a coffee table I've had my eye on for a while. I feel pretty indifferent about turning 28 (it's just one of those "in between" ages where I forget how old I am sometimes) but it was a good birthday.

The really big news is that Sawyer is now crawling. It's amazing how much this has changed my life. Gone are the days when I can set him on a blanket on the floor and let him play quietly with his toys. He's on the move and into everything as soon as his knees hit the floor.

A little while ago, Sawyer said his first word, "Dada." He seems to know what it means sometimes, and other times he seems to say it indiscriminately (he'll say it to me, his sippy cup, or his giant Nemo stuffed animal.) The other word he likes to practice unfortunately sounds a lot like "ass." This has caused some amusing situations in public places; shoppers at Target don't quite know how to respond to a chubby-cheeked 9 month old waving his arms in the air and yelling "Ass! Ass! Ass!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give it to me straight!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP