Sunday, April 29, 2007

A Bit of Musical Self-Indulgence

Here's that fun music survey where you put your mp3 player on shuffle and the songs are the answers to the questions.

I think the most revealing part of this survey is you get to see what kind of music everyone is listening to...and you just KNOW that your iPod is going to land on those NSync songs you just haven't ever brought yourself to delete!


So here goes...


How am I feeling today? Beth Orton "Worms"
“Worms don’t dance, they haven’t got the balls.” Couldn’t agree more.

Will I get far in life? Ryan Adams & The Cardinals "Sweet Illusions"
I’m noticing that yes/no questions don’t work well for this sort of survey…unless you happen to come across a song called “Yes” or “No”.

How do my friends see me? Hanson "Strong Enough to Break"
See, I told you it would be embarrassing!

When will I get married? Heather Nova "London Rain (Nothing Heals Me Like You Do)"
I guess this works since there’s no song I know of called “I already did 5 years ago.”

What's my theme song? Joshua Radin "Star Mile"
I don’t know if it fits, but holy frijoles, what a great song. “Life comes to those that’ll choose the regular news over playing the blues with the light on.” I am a Joshua Radin fiend as of late.

What is the story of my life? Paul Weller "Above the Clouds"
My husband would definitely agree.

How can I get ahead in life? They Might Be Giants "Space Suit"
Is it too late to go to Space Camp?

What is my best feature? Colin Hay "My Brilliant Feat"
Why yes, I am brilliant!

How is today going to be? Sublime "What I Got"
I don’t get angry when my mom smokes pot.

What is in store for this weekend? Tori Amos "Baker Baker"
I hope this means there are pastries involved!

What is my life like at the moment? Noah Paley "Moonlight Still"

What song describes my secrets? 10,000 Maniacs "Circle Dream"
I’m secretly kind of a pagan.

What is my current lover like? The Smiths "Bigmouth Strikes Again"
HAHAHA! (Eric, I swear I didn't do this on purpose!! Blame iTunes!)


What song will they play at my funeral? Rufus Wainwright "When, In Disgrace With Fortune and Men’s Eyes"
Actually that would be really cool.

How does the world see me? Duke Ellington "Night Creature"
Well, I do like to stay up late…to make soap.

Will I have a happy life? The Verve "Bitter Sweet Symphony"
Sounds about right.

What do my friends really think of me? Frank Sinatra "The Lady is a Tramp"
Oh man.

Do people secretly lust after me? Lit "Miserable"
“You make me complete…ly miserable”

Will I accomplish my goals in life? Caedmon’s Call "Bus Driver"
I need to set some new goals.

Will I find true love? Ryan Adams "Oh My Sweet Carolina"
Ryan again…makes sense since Ryan Adams songs make up at least ¼ of my entire library. Another one of my all-time favorite songs.

How do I treat others? Matthew Sweet "We're The Same"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give it to me straight!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP