Friday, April 13, 2007

Weigh-In Number Two

Today was weigh-in number two in the Biggest Loser challenge. I'm down another two pounds. I was hoping for more, but I guess it's not too bad considering that this week included Easter, and my lady's time is fast approaching. I'm going to step my exercise up a notch and see if I can catch up next week.

I am loving the diet I'm on. I'm following the plan from Dr. Oz's book You On A Diet. There's so much about it that's perfect for me. There's no counting calories, and no real deprivation. I eat whole wheat breads and cereals, lots of fruits and veggies, and fish or lean meats. All foods I love! I've also adopted a strategy from Body for Life where you are allowed to take one day a week off of the diet. Knowing that in a week or less I can eat whatever I want makes it so much easier to eat right the rest of the week, as opposed to feeling like I will NEVER have a hamburger again.

Something else that's made it easier to stick to is that I am working my butt off to get my handmade soap business up and running. I'm aiming for an opening date of June 1st, so I am making one or two batches of soap a day so that it will have time to cure and be ready to sell before then. I'm tweaking my recipes and trying new techniques that are really fun. With so much going on that I find interesting and stimulating, boredom eating isn't a problem anymore. Watch out skinny jeans, here I come!

3 comments:

  1. Good job! And I'm so excited about your soap. I've been using the stuff you gave me and I love it. Down with boredom eating! Yay for successful weigh-ins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1-2 lbs per week is considered healthy weight loss (says my sister the dietician), so it sounds like you're right on track!

    ReplyDelete
  3. soeur griffith!! its cool to see you on here too. i'll be sending you an email from the mission website about something. look for it!!
    soeur jex

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP