Friday, June 13, 2008

I'm an Aunt again!

My second niece, Mary Grace was born on Wednesday around noon. She weighed 6 lbs 15 oz and was 21 inches long, and beautiful in every way. She looks a lot like Megan did as a baby with dark hair and the cutest little face. I'll have pictures soon!

My mom and I went to the hospital a few hours after she was born to introduce Caroline to her baby sister. When we got to Megan's room we had to wait in the hall for a few minutes for her to get situated and Caroline kept saying "I wanna see my baby sister! I wanna see my baby sister!" When we went in she gave her mom and big hug and when she saw Mary Grace for the first time she said "Oh! She so beautiful!" It was such a sweet moment to witness. Sawyer was more interested in the equipment in the hospital room (especially the device that blew air into the pneumatic compression boots on Megan's legs - he kept pointing my keyfob at it and was convinced that he was making it work when he pressed the Lock button) but he did pause for a moment to see his new cousin while I was holding her. He said "Aawww. She so nice!" Since then he keeps talking about "Mana Grace" or "Cah-wine's little sister" being wrapped in a blanket and he always adds "she so nice!" She really is. I'm excited to watch her grow and have her be a part of our lives.

6 comments:

  1. How exciting! I love being an aunt. Can't wait to see pictures of her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - how totally exciting. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, that is so awesome. I am totally looking forward to photos too. I love babies (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I love you - i have just been avoiding your blog because I am not done with Lost and you have that uber long post that I have been trying to ignore so it doesn't spoil anything! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. That is so great!

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP