Monday, August 25, 2008

Living the Dream

"I'll tell you one thing, I am not going to be one of those women schlepping her kids around in a minivan. I want an SUV... with three rows of seats."
-Kelly Kapoor, The Office




Until recently, I had been driving our Honda Accord that we bought soon after Sawyer was born. We picked it out just for me and I was very happy with it. Comfortable, easy to clean leather seats, XM radio. But with Eric's new office being a bit farther away and gas prices being so high, we figured out that we could save over $300 a month just by switching cars. So now he's driving the Accord, which means I get his car: a big manly Dodge Durango. Not the car I would have chosen for myself, but I'm finding that it is nice to have all that room for strollers, toys, groceries, etc. in the back. And that third row of seats has gotten a lot more use than I thought it would - you know, considering that I only have one child. The gas mileage is truly horrible, but I so rarely drive more than a few miles at a time that it isn't too much of an issue. Of course, I had to personalize it immediately by putting my LOST sticker on the back, and before long I'll have it decorated to the point that Eric will be embarrassed to drive it from now on (I think something along the lines of "Breast is Best!" or "Soapers do it with bubbles" would probably do the trick.) Yep, I'm living the dream!

4 comments:

  1. I drive an Accord and man it would be so nice to have all that room you have now!

    LOL about Eric driving a car to work that says "breast" anywhere on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I love it Chelsea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent idea. Aaron has told me I'm NOT allowed to put any of my bumper stickers on the car since he has to drive it to the white house. Lately I've been trying to encourage him to bike or take public transit. He's been a little slow to respond but now I realize, thanks to you, that one little sticker could do the trick...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I drive an SUV, but we're too poor and can't afford that luxurious
    3rd row that we covet so much!

    Stupid gas. We are seriously consiering the new Honda Natural gas cars.

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP