Friday, February 22, 2008

Sick Sick Sick

Eric was gone on business the whole week before Valentine's Day. He came back sick - body aches, fever, hacking cough, head congestion. Classic symptoms of the flu. A few of his coworkers who had been on the trip had it and had shared it with him. I was really sympathetic for the first couple of days - I made him soup, I gave him medicine, I brought him juice and wiped his head with a damp cloth - a regular Florence Nightingale. Then it started to get old and I began muttering things inside my head about how he's a big baby when he's sick and how when I get sick (which is almost never!) I still manage to get up and take care of everyone and I don't whine about it all day long.

Then Sawyer got sick. And then I got sick. And I take it all back. I feel absolutely terrible. Just putting dishes in the dishwasher last night was enough to make me collapse with fatigue. I can't stop coughing and my head is swimming with pain. I'm producing so much phlegm that I don't know how I have any left in me. It sucks, and I am moaning about it just as much as Eric did, if not more.

Thankfully Eric was able to take the week off from work so he can help with Sawyer (who seems to be feeling a lot better than we are.) We've been taking naps in shifts and taking turns with meals. Without Eric here there's no way I would be able to rest as much as I have, so I'm very grateful for his help. Remind me of this next time I accuse him of whining.

3 comments:

  1. We're sick too! It's TERRIBLE Aaron always drags home the nastiest bugs from the law school. That place is a cesspool.
    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsea, I'm worried. Are you feeling better? You didn't die did you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still alive! Just barely. Spending too much time watching American Idol rather than blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP