Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fertilization Report

Out of 68 eggs, 54 were mature and fertilized via ICSI.

On day 1, 48 embryos were dividing!!!

Of course we are thrilled about having such astronomically high numbers because it basically means this should be our last fresh cycle ever, and we might end up being able to have a larger family than we had anticipated. The nurse who called me said "You have definitely set an all-time record."

The ONLY down side is that with such a high number of eggs, I'm at a very high risk of developing severe OHSS. I already have a mild case, but if it doesn't get worse we should be able to proceed with a day 5 transfer. The nurse who called gave me some instructions for alleviating OHSS (chugging Gatorade all day long and eating plenty of protein) and symptoms to watch out for (trouble breathing, not urinating, severe abdominal pain, vomiting.) Because I didn't have an HCG trigger or an HCG booster, they're hoping I can avoid the severe version.

I'm not feeling so hot today, seriously bloated, still taking Vicodin and spending lots of time on the couch. Hopefully over the next few days I'll get progressively better.

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! THAT IS AMAZING CHELS!!! I have been stalking like a mad woman checking for an update! SO glad you are ok and everything went so well! That is definitely a record I don't know anyone who has had that many ever! Chug that gatorade for sure! Update again when you can after transfer. Wish you TONS of positive vibes, sticky vibes and babydust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, that is awesome! Well done, ovaries. I really hope everything works just how it's supposed to.
    It's funny reading your descriptions of the procedure, because I have totally been in all those rooms. I know exactly what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP