Thursday, September 08, 2011

Kitchen Pharmacy

Drum roll please! Here it is - my big box of meds. You're seeing:

-3 cc syringes and 33g needles
-Follistim pen with cartridge inside
-Extra Follistim cartridges
-Menopur
-Enoxoparin (AKA Lovenox)
-Ganerelix
-In the pill bottles:
    -Lupron, which will be my trigger before egg retrieval
    -Azithromycin, antibiotic to take before ER
    -Estradiol, for after embryo transfer
    -Bromocriptine, Metformin and FABB, all of which I've been taking since April for my PCOS and MTHFR

(and I just realized I forgot to include my Levothyroxine and Endometrin. So imagine those are there too.)

I started stims (Follistim 150 and Menopur 75) on Tuesday, which makes today day 3. So far so good, although I have to admit the preparation of all the shots is pretty intimidating. The first time I did it I sat on the couch with my laptop in front of me and watched the demonstration videos from Village while I did the mixing and prepping and dialing and finally injecting. I think I have it down now. Kind of.

Next step: monitoring appointment early tomorrow morning so we can see if anything's actually happening in there!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! I have been waiting patiently for you to start, so excited!! Can't wait for tomorrows update! Sounds like you are on a great protocol!

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP